Portobello Pork Chops
Take the top prize and win over your dinnertime crowd by serving up the grand-prize-winning recipe of the "No Recipe" recipe contest by Michael Holowis of Pottstown, PA.
4 bone-in pork rib or loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
1 1/2 cups mild chunky salsa
1 cup Portobello mushrooms, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Trim fat from chops.
- Spoon salsa into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange chops on top of salsa.
- Combine Portobello mushrooms, cheddar cheese and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Spoon over chops.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160°F (70°C).
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve chops with salsa mixture.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 328 calories; Protein: 31 grams; Fat: 16 grams; Sodium: 648 milligrams; Cholesterol: 93 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 8 grams; Carbohydrates: 14 grams; Fiber: 2 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.