Rhubarb Pork Loin
Celebrate the flavor of spring with this tangy rhubarb sauced roast.
3 pound boneless pork loin
1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
4 stalks rhubarb, sliced (about 2 cups)
4 tablespoons cider vinegar
6 tablespoons honey
6 whole cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 to 3 drops red food color, if desired
- Place pork roast in roasting pan. Cut 8 to 10 slits in surface of pork and insert slivers of garlic. Rub all surfaces of roast with rosemary.
- Roast in a 350°F (175°C) oven for about 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in heavy saucepan; bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Pour rhubarb sauce over pork and continue to roast, basting often, until pork reaches an internal temperature of 155°F to 160°F (approximately 65°C to 70°C).
- Let pork roast rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly and serve with rhubarb sauce.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories 199 calories Protein 26 grams Fat 6 grams Sodium 149 milligrams Cholesterol 66 milligrams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.