Santa Barbara Pork Kabobs
Broiled or grilled, these pork kabobs with fresh fruit are terrific. Serve with rice pilaf and dinner rolls.
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, 2 whole
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon minced ginger root
3 fresh peaches, cut in 1-inch slices
3 fresh plums, cut in 1-inch slices
2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Slice pork tenderloins in half lengthwise; slice crosswise into 1-inch cubes.
- Thread pork cubes onto 6 skewers*; place on broiler pan.
- Brush with combined pineapple juice, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger root.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Combine fruit and remaining pineapple juice mixture in skillet; bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Serve pork kabobs with fruit on hot rice.
Makes 6 servings.
To Grill: Cook over direct heat on hot grill for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
*Note: If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for an hour before using to prevent burning.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.