Saucy Chili-Orange Pork Back Ribs
Give your grill something to get fired up about. Enjoy these Asian-inspired, slightly sweet and a tadbit spicy, ribs with vegetable kabobs and coleslaw.
4 pounds baby back pork ribs
1 1/2 cups orange juice, or apple juice
1/2 cup chili sauce (such as Heinz)
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
1 tablespoon hot sauce, (or to taste)
1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- Place ribs in a 4 to 5 quart dish. Add orange juice and cover. Marinate 30 to 60 minutes.
- Combine chili sauce, hoisin sauce, orange rind, hot sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Prepare a medium fire in charcoal grill or preheat one side of gas grill to medium.
- Remove ribs from dish and pat dry.
- Place ribs on grill and grill with indirect heat about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender, brushing with sauce several times during the last 20 minutes of grilling.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.