Seed Crusted Pork Roast
Accompany this Asian-inspired roast with yellow rice, sautéed peapods and a fruit salad. Leftovers make great sandwiches.
1 1/2 to 2 pounds pork single loin roast
2 tablespoons sesame seed
1 tablespoon poppy seed
1 tablespoon caraway seed
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- In shallow bowl stir sesame, poppy and caraway seeds together with pepper.
- Brush roast with teriyaki sauce and roll in seed mixture to coat well.
- Place roast in shallow roasting pan, roast for 45 to 50 minutes, until internal temperature (measured with a meat thermometer), reads 155°F (approximately 65°C).
- Remove from oven; let rest 5 to 10 minutes, slice to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 220 calories Protein 30 grams Fat 10 grams Sodium 300 milligrams Cholesterol 80 milligrams Saturated Fat 3 grams Carbohydrates 3 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.