Sesame Pork with Broccoli
Once all the ingredients are prepped and ready, this dish cooks up in a snap. Serve over jasmine rice.
1 pound pork tenderloin
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 green onions, finely diced, including green tops
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces (about 7 cups)
2 tablespoons sliced pimiento, drained
2 tablespoons sesame seed, lightly toasted
- In small bowl, combine chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce; blend well. Stir in green onions, set aside.
- Cut pork tenderloin lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and garlic; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is tender. Remove pork; keep warm.
- Add broccoli and broth mixture to wok. Cover and simmer over low heat 8 minutes.
- Add cooked pork and pimiento; cook just until mixture is hot, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.