Sherry's Fruited Pork Stacks
Sherry Kishman of Syracuse came in 1st Place at New York State Fair with this baked chop recipe.
6 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
12 slices canned pineapple
2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 6 3/4-inch slices
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange six pineapple slices in 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Coat each pork chop with brown sugar and place on top of a pineapple slice. Top each with sweet potato slice and another pineapple slice.
- Stir orange marmalade and soy sauce together. Spoon evenly over stacks.
- Bake 45 minutes or until meat is done and sweet potato is tender.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 319 calories; Protein: 23 grams; Fat: 3 grams; Sodium: 477 milligrams; Cholesterol: 56 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 0 grams; Carbohydrates: 55 grams; Fiber: 3 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.