These tasty morsels can be served as part of an appetizer plate or served as an entrée with rice noodles and steamed Asian vegetables.
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, sliced into 4x1x1/8-inch strips
8 wooden skewers
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dry ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Peppered Tofu (recipe follows - optional)
- Soak skewers for 20 to 30 minutes in water. Thread pork onto skewers. Place in a 12x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over skewers, turning to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill or broil 6 inches from heat for 10 minutes, turning to cook all sides.
- Serve with Peppered Tofu, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Peppered Tofu: Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a fry-pan, add 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper and 1 thin slice fresh ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon oyster sauce; add 8 ounces tofu, cubed, and stir to heat through and coat with sauce.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.