Southwest-Spiced Roast Pork Tenderloin
This recipe was developed by Chef Susan Goss of the West Town Tavern restaurant in Chicago.
1 whole pork tenderloin, about 1 pound
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- In small bowl, stir together paprika, salt, brown sugar, sugar, chili powder, ground cumin and black pepper until thoroughly blended. Makes 1/4 cup.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Season tenderloin with 2 tablespoons rub.
- Place tenderloin in shallow pan and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until internal temperature as measured with a meat or instant-read thermometer is 155°F (approximately 65°C).
- Remove pork from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Slice tenderloin to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 154 calories Protein 23 grams Fat 5 grams Sodium 487 milligrams Cholesterol 65 milligrams Saturated Fat 2 grams Carbohydrates 3 grams Fiber 1 gram.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.