Spicy Fruit and Pork Kebabs
For nice change of pace and great flavor, try these spicy fruit and pork kebabs.
1 1/2 pounds lean boneless pork
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
12 (1 1/2-inch) cubes fresh pineapple
12 (1 1/2-inch) cubes cantaloupe
- Trim fat from meat. Cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a plastic bag and set bag into a shallow dish.
- For marinade, combine oil, vinegar, orange peel and juice, garlic, salt and cumin. Pour over meat in bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag once. Drain meat, reserving marinade.
- Alternately thread meat, pineapple and cantaloupe onto 6 long metal skewers.
- Grill kebabs on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 14 to 16 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center, turning and brushing once with marinade.
Makes 6 servings.