Stir-Fried Pork with Cashews
Once the food is prepped and ready to cook, stir-fry dishes are done in a matter of minutes—and they taste so good and are healthy for you, too!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound pork steaks, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 2/3 cups sliced carrots
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup sliced bamboo shoots
1/4 cup water chestnuts
1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high until hot. Add sliced pork steak and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in thinly sliced carrots, cover, and cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Add diced green bell pepper, cashews, sliced bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts; stir-fry until the bell pepper is tender-crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Push the pork and vegetable to the side of the skillet.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water in a small bowl then add to the skillet. Stir until the sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Next, stir the pork and vegetables into the sauce and season with salt.
Makes 4 servings.