Tangy Thai Pork
After all the ingredients are ready to cook, this Thai-inspired pasta dish takes about the same amount of time as cooking the spaghetti.
1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into stir-fry strips
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons dark Oriental sesame oil
1/4 teasoon red pepper flakes
8 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
2 teaspoons vegetable oil - divided use
4 cups broccoli florets
1 cup carrots, sliced 1/8-inch thick
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into thin strips
3 cups shredded green cabbage
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, cornstarch, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in large self-sealing bag; mix until smooth. Add pork, marinate while preparing pasta and vegetables.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots 3 minutes; add onion, bell pepper, cabbage and garlic. Continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove to bowl; keep warm.
- Add pork mixture and remaining oil to skillet. Stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until pork is nicely browned. Return vegetables to skillet; heat through.
- Serve pork mixture over spaghetti.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.