Tender Ribs with Smoked Paprika
Recipe courtesy of Melissa d’Arabian, on behalf of The National Pork Board.
2 racks pork ribs, (loin or baby back)
2 cups water
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 cup barbecue sauce, commerical or homemade
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C). Season the ribs with salt and pepper.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the roasting pan and place the ribs on a rack over the water. Cover tightly with foil. Cook slowly in oven for two hours.
- Preheat grill and season grill with towel dipped in vegetable oil (use tongs for safety).
- Once slow roasted, cool ribs slightly. Rub the smoked paprika all over the ribs.
- Grill over medium heat until charred and tender, but not dry, about 5 to 8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155°F (approximately 65°C).
- Brush with barbecue sauce and grill for 5 more minutes until just beginning to char on all sides.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.