Tropical Pork Kabobs
These tantalizing glazed pork kabobs are served with tropical fruit skewers of pineapple, banana and mandarin oranges, basted in the same honeyed citrus glaze. Serve on a bed of jasmine rice.
1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
8 wooden (soak in water before using) or metal skewers
1 (15-ounce) can pineapple chunks
2 bananas, sliced
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges
- In a small saucepan, mix together the marmalade, orange juice, honey and cinnamon. Stir over low heat until mixture bubbles gently.
- Divide pork cubes into 4 equal parts and thread on 4 skewers.
- Fill remaining 4 kabobs with pineapple, bananas, and mandarin oranges. Place fruit kabobs on large plate and coat with glaze.
- Spoon remaining glaze over pork kabobs.
- Grill or broil pork about 4 inches from heat source for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with fruit kabobs.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 418 calories Protein 25 grams Fat 7 grams Sodium 72 milligrams Cholesterol 70 milligrams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.