Chicken Caesar Salad with a Twist
The 'twist' in this fast and tasty chicken Caesar salad, with julienned mozzarella cheese, is the rotini pasta. Also great with leftover turkey, too!
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup prepared Caesar salad dressing - divided use
4 cups torn romaine lettuce
2 ounces dry rotini pasta, cooked
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) julienned mozzarella or provolone cheese
3/4 cups croutons
- Marinate the chicken breasts in 1/2 cup of the salad dressing for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Grill the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat, turning once, until cooked.
- While the chicken is grilling, combine the salad greens, cooked pasta, cheese, croutons, and remaining salad dressing. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Cut the chicken into strips; place on the pasta salad.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.