East Meets West Steak Salad
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
2 beef Ranch Steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
3/4 cup prepared reduced-fat or regular Asian-style dressing
1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
1 cup snow peas, trimmed, cut diagonally in half or 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped or slivered almonds, toasted
- Place beef Steaks and 1/4 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn Steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes-2 hour
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place Steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Toss coleslaw mix, snow peas and peanuts with remaining 1/2 cup dressing in large bowl until well coated. Add beef; toss to combine.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 319; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 484mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.