Grilled Potato Primavera Salad
A cornucopia of grilled vegetables gives this hearty potato salad extraordinary character. Serve as vegetarian entrée salad or as a side salad.
2 pounds Idaho russet potatoes, scrubbed
1/2 pound yellow wax beans, cleaned and trimmed
1/2 pound green string beans, cleaned and trimmed
1/2 pound sugar snap peas, cleaned and trimmed
1 stalk broccoli, cleaned and cut into 6 spears
1 large carrot, cleaned and cut into 6 strips
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 bunch green onions, cleaned and trimmed
1 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup light ranch salad dressing
6 red leaf lettuce leaves
6 sprigs baby arugula
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and cook 15 to 20 minutes, Drain and set aside.
- Blanch the beans, peas, broccoli and carrots in boiling water. Remove to a large bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise 1/2-inch thick.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and blanched vegetables. Add red onion, green onions and olive oil, tossing lightly to coat vegetables.
- Prepare grill.
- Arrange potatoes and vegetables in adjustable grill basket.
- Grill vegetables over medium coals, rotating occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes for each side, until potatoes and vegetables start to brown.
- Place grilled potatoes and vegetables in a large bowl, drizzle salad dressing over all, tossing to coat evenly.
- Serve the dressed potato and vegetable mixture over a bed of red leaf lettuce and garnish with a sprig of baby arugula.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.