Indonesian Chicken and Rice Salad
Strips of chicken breast, baked in curried yogurt, are tossed with rice, green onions, red bell pepper, grapes and golden raisins in a peanut-raspberry dressing, and served on a bed of escarole with a garnish of honey-roasted cashews.
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, halves
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
3 cups torn escarole leaves
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup red and green seedless grapes, halved
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup seedless golden raisins
1/3 cup Thai peanut dressing and sauce
1/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
1/4 cup honey-roasted cashews
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray a metal rack with nonstick coating spray and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Arrange chicken breasts on rack.
- Combine yogurt and curry powder. Spread half of yogurt mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate remaining yogurt mixture.
- Bake chicken at 350°F (175°C) for 15 minutes. Turn chicken over and spread with reserved yogurt mixture. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until no longer pink in center.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Divide escarole evenly among four salad plates.
- Combine rice, onions, red pepper, grapes, pineapple and chicken. Arrange one-fourth of mixture on each plate. Sprinkle with cashews.
- Combine Thai peanut dressing and raspberry vinaigrette. Serve with salad.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.