Mexican Chicken Salad
This terrific recipe for Mexican Chicken Salad was submitted by Jeanette Atwood, Oklahoma City, OK.
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
2/3 cup fresh lime juice
2/3 cup garlic flavored olive oil
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup crushed salsa flavored tortilla chips
2 cups shredded napa cabbage
2 cups shredded spinach
1 (15-ounce) can corn with peppers
1 red bell pepper, julienned
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces and place in bowl.
- In medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, shallots and salt. Reserve 1/2 of mixture for dressing and pour remainder over chicken, tossing to coat.
- On piece of wax paper, place tortilla chips. Roll chicken pieces in chips, coating well. Place chicken in single layer on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 400°F (205°C) oven for about 20 minutes, or until brown and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- In large bowl, mix together cabbage, spinach, corn, red pepper, tomatoes, avocado and feta cheese. Pour reserved dressing over mixture and toss gently.
- Place cabbage mixture on platter or in large shallow salad bowl and arrange chicken on top.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.