Mini Wheels Pasta Salad
Spin these mini wheels into something good and fun to eat!
1 (16-ounce) box Barilla Piccolini Mini Wheels
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - divided use
2 cups frozen green peas
1 pound chicken breast, diced (optional)
5 to 6 slices bacon, cut into strips
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed (may substitute shredded)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt to taste
- Cook pasta for 6 minutes; drain and drizzle with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and spread on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Boil green peas in salted water for five minutes, drain and cool.
- In a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken in remaining olive oil for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through, season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool.
- Cook bacon until crispy, drain fat.
- Combine all ingredients, let sit 30 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Barilla America.