Thai Chicken with Mango Slaw
This terrific recipe for Thai Chicken with Mango Slaw was submitted by Tara Meier, Greenwood, IN.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups shredded red cabbage
2 cups shredded savoy
1 cup peeled, julienned carrots
1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
Peanut Sauce (recipe follows)
3 tablespoons chopped green onions
3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Flatten chicken breast halves slightly with palm of hand.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick vegetable spray, arrange chicken on pan and place in oven set on BROIL about 4 inches from heat source. Broil about 7 minutes, turn and continue cooking about 6 minutes more or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- In small bowl, mix together honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, place red cabbage, savoy and carrots; toss to mix well. Add honey-lime mixture and mango, tossing gently.
- Arrange cabbage mixture on platter with chicken on top. Spoon Peanut Sauce over chicken and sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.
Makes 6 servings.
Peanut Sauce: In small bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons honey, 4 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes.
Tip: Chicken can be grilled.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.