An elegant, visually appealing salad featuring frisée lettuce, fresh fennel, cucumber, button mushrooms and seedless green grapes dressed in a fresh lemon vinaigrette.
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1/4 teaspoon white truffle oil (optional)
5 cups (8 ounce) frisée lettuce, rinsed and dried
4 cups (14 ounce) fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
3 cups (13 1/2 ounce) cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
2 cups (7 ounce) celery, very thinly sliced
2 cups (11 ounce) California green seedless grapes, halved
2 cups (8 ounce) button mushrooms, very thinly sliced
1 cup (2 1/2 ounce) Parmesan cheese, shaved, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients and toss gently to mix.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
- Plate salad and sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 12 servings.
- A mandoline slicer makes short work of slicing the vegetables.
- If frisée lettuce is unavailable, substitute Bibb lettuce.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Table Grape Commission.