Chicken Crescent Bundles
Serve your family something unique, fun and delicious for supper.
6 tablespoons butter - divided use
1 cup chopped mushrooms
6 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened
4 cups cooked and cubed chicken breast
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Approximately 4 tablespoons milk
2 (8-ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 1/2 cups seasoned croutons, crushed
Chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Sauté mushrooms until tender and liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Blend softened cream cheese, sautéed mushrooms, cubed chicken, onion, pimiento, salt and pepper together in medium bowl. Add just enough milk needed to make a stiff but manageable mixture.
- Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles per each package. Pinch the diagonal scoring to join wedges together. Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture onto center of each crescent, pulling up long ends to meet over filling in the middle. Pinch edges to seal. Pull the two corners up a bit as you pinch the edges to make extensions that you can "tie" to give the suggestion of a package or bundle.
- Place each bundle on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving 2-inches between them. Brush the bundles with remaining butter, which has been melted, and sprinkle with crushed croutons.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- If desired, tie a 'chive' onto the ends of the bundles as a garnish.
Makes 8 servings.