Deli-Garden Sandwich Round
Made in advance, this is a great party sandwich that's terrific for tailgating and picnicking, too.
1/2 cup spoonable salad dressing or mayonnaise
1/4 cup cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, dried and crushed
1 loaf (1 1/2 pounds) round sourdough bread
6 slices each salami, American cheese and roasted turkey
6 rings each green and red bell pepper, red onion
- Mix salad dressing, cucumber and basil; refrigerate.
- Cut slice from top of bread loaf; remove center, leaving 1/2-inch shell. (Discard removed bread.)
- Layer salami, green bell pepper, half of salad dressing mixture, cheese, onions, remaining salad dressing mixture, turkey and red bell pepper.
- Cover with top of bread loaf.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into six wedges to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.