Also called sliders, these two to three bite burgers may be mini, but they're large on taste and a big hit at parties. This version features turkey burgers topped with hummus, baby spinach leaves, cucumber, sliced black olives, roasted red pepper and crumbled feta cheese.
1 pound ground turkey
Salt, ground black pepper and dried oregano to taste
12 mini burger buns
1/2 cup hummus
1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1/4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
1 cup Wisconsin Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Divide turkey into 12 equal portions. Form each into a thin patty, 3 1/2 to 4 inches in diameter. Place patties on broiler pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle patties with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, split rolls in half horizontally. Set tops aside. On bottoms, spread hummus, cover with spinach leaves, top with cucumber slices, and sprinkle with black olives and red
- Place hot turkey burgers on top, cover patties with Feta and replace bun tops. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 sliders.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.