Grab A Slice Sliders
Sliders, or mini burgers, are a smash hit at parties. Instead of forming and cooking individual mini patties, the square patties for these sliders are cut from one large patty baked in the oven topped with mushrooms, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella and olives.
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 1/2 cups (4 ounces) fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup pizza sauce
24 slices turkey pepperoni
2 cups Wisconsin Mozzarella Cheese, coarsely grated
2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
12 mini burger buns
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spread and press ground beef firmly into 13x9x2-inch pan, covering bottom in a thin layer. Sprinkle beef with Italian seasoning and top with mushrooms. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from oven and dab meat top with paper towels to absorb any grease. Spoon and spread pizza sauce over and cover with pepperoni, then mozzarella and sprinkle with olives. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more, until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, split buns in half horizontally.
- When pizza patty is done, cut into 12 portions. Place one portion on each bun bottom and replace top. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 sliders.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.