Party Club Sandwich
To speed up the preparation process for this party-perfect sandwich, use a ready-made unsliced round loaf of Italian or French bread (braided or not) and follow directions beginning at step 5.
Tip: Remove some of the bread from inside the loaf to make more room for the filling. Freeze the bread crumbs for other uses, such as for meatloaf or meatballs.
2 pounds frozen bread dough
1 pound turkey, sliced
1/2 pound bacon
6 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons prepared mustard (any flavor)
- Grease a baking sheet; thaw frozen bread dough. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Divide the dough into thirds. Roll into a 20-inch rope and line up on the baking sheet. Braid together and form into a circle, pressing the ends together. Let rise for 30 to 60 minutes in a warm place, or until doubled.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool.
- Slice in half horizontally and on the bottom half, layer cooked, sliced turkey, cooked bacon, sliced Swiss cheese, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion, mayonnaise, and prepared mustard. Return the top half and cut into slices.
Makes 12 servings.