Baked Parmesan Fish with Pasta
You don't have to be "nervous" about serving fish to guests with this no-fail recipe. Fish fillets are baked separately, placed on top of pasta and covered with an onion and mushroom medley.
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
3 thyme sprigs, leaves removed and crushed
4 (6 ounces each) white fish fillets
1 (9-ounce) package BUITONI Refrigerated Angel Hair Pasta
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup halved mushroom caps
1/2 cup finely sliced green onions
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place cheese, flour and thyme in paper bag. Individually coat fish by gently shaking in bag; discard coating ingredients. Place fillets in baking pan with rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, green onions and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place pasta on oven-warmed plates. Attractively arrange fish over pasta. Serve with mushroom medley over fish and pasta. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: You can easily adapt this unique baked fish recipe to include most firm, white fish fillets, including swordfish, sole, halibut, or red snapper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 310 Calories from Fat: 25 Cholesterol: 85 mg Sodium: 330 mg Carbohydrates: 29 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 4 g Protein: 40 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.