Baked Sole with Capers and Mushrooms
Try this catch of the day! Sole fillets are covered in a mushroom, yogurt, white wine, and caper sauce.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1/2 pound mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
3 green onions, trimmed and minced
1 1/4 pounds sole fillets
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons capers, drained, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat oil and sherry in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions. Sauté 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, rinse the fish and pat dry. Remove any bones, using tweezers or pliers, if necessary.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Arrange fish in a single layer.
- In a bowl thoroughly combine wine and flour. Gradually add to mushrooms in the skillet, stirring constantly until thickened. Turn off the heat.
- Stir the yogurt and capers into the sauce; pour over fish and top with parsley, cover.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.