Cajun Fish and Chips
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
6 (6-ounce) coley, haddock or amber-Jack fillets
1 (2.29-ounce) packet Cajun Chicken and Southern Fried Seasoning
1 1/4 cups water
4 to 5 large potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Lay potatoes on a baking tray. Coat with oil and half the seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place the fillets in a shallow oven-proof dish.
- Add water to the Cajun mix. Pour the Cajun liquid over the fish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve fish and chips (French fries) with peas and lemon wedges.
Makes 6 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.