Double Play Fish Tacos
Tender chunks of fish sparked with fresh lime, avocado, crunchy cabbage and salsa makes a great meal inside a soft, warm tortilla.
3 limes, juiced
3/4 pound white fish fillets
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1 small head red cabbage, finely shredded
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 (16-ounce) jar ORTEGA Salsa - Thick & Chunky
1 (7-ounce) can corn, drained
1 (12-count) package corn tortillas
- Pour about 1/2 of lime juice into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; reserve other half. Place fillets into pan; marinate for 5 minutes.
- Place half of avocado slices, a quarter of the cabbage, half the red onion and one-half cup of salsa into separate, small bowls and set aside.
- In a medium-size skillet, heat remaining 1/2 cup salsa to a simmer.
Add the fish, stirring so that fish is well coated and broken into pieces. Add the corn; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until fish is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from heat, squeeze remaining lime juice over fish and place in a serving bowl.
- Set out cabbage, avocado, onion, 1 cup salsa and fish-corn mixture in bowls.
- Place the tortillas on an oven rack and heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until warmed and crispy. Fill tortillas as desired.
Makes 12 tacos.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.