Kung Pao Watermelon Shrimp
Recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
2 tablespoons peanut oil
6 garlic cloves, sliced
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
1 cup dry roasted and salted peanuts
1 cup prepared Kung Pao sauce
2 cups chopped watermelon
- Heat the oil in a large heavy sauté pan or wok over high heat. Sauté the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp; stir-fry until the shrimp begin to cook and plump up.
- Add the peanuts and sauté another 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low and add the sauce.
- Simmer just until shrimp are cooked. Remove from heat.
- Stir in watermelon and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.