Sesame Fish Bites
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
4 tablespoons oat bran cereal
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 (6-ounce) whiting fillets, skinned and cut into 3-inch pieces
2 tablespoons maple syrup or clear honey
Vegetable oil, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, combine sesame seeds, parsley, oat bran, salt and pepper together.
- Coat fish pieces with maple syrup and the sesame mixture.
- Lay the fish pieces evenly over a lightly oiled roasting dish.
- Bake 20 minutes, until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.