Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
6 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons minced shallots
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup dry sherry
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds cooked Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Trim stems from mushrooms and slice caps. Sauté mushrooms until lightly browned and most liquid evaporates.
- Add shallots and garlic, sauté 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add white wine vinegar and sherry, scraping bottom of pan to loosen any browned bits.
- Add sugar and salt, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Gradually stir in oil, mustard, thyme and pepper. Add shrimp and heat thoroughly.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 239; Calories From Fat: 20; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 261mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Protein: 38g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.