Thai Curried Red Snapper
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
2 (8-ounce) red snapper fillets
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
3 fluid ounces coconut milk
1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Hot cooked rice for accompaniment
- Preheat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan; add the curry paste and fry for 2 minutes until the spices separate from the oil. Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar. Simmer until thickened.
- Heat some oil and deep-fry the snapper for approximately 2 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Place the snapper onto serving plates.
- Stir the lime juice into the sauce and season with the salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the snapper.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Makes 2 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.