Fiesta Potato Pie
Serve warm wedges of this cheesy treat with roast chicken from your grocer's deli. For a meatless main dish, serve on a bed of shredded lettuce and top with salsa, sour cream, ripe olives and sliced green onion.
1 (26-ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
4 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 large eggs, 1 lightly beaten
1 (4-ounce) can ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
1/2 cup diced roasted red pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cover potatoes with water in medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes; drain well. Combine potatoes, butter and 1 lightly beaten egg; press over bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 20 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Top crust with chiles, red pepper and cheese. Stir remaining eggs, flour and salt together until smooth; stir in milk. Pour over cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.