Good & Easy Baked Beans
Crushed pineapple, brown sugar, bacon and dry onion soup mix create a delicious flavor combination that's hard to beat in this easy baked bean dish.
4 slices bacon, diced
2 (28-ounce) cans baked beans, drained
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 (1.5-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 2 1/2-quart baking or casserole dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, fry bacon until crisp; do not drain fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently to mix well.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, uncovered, or until bubbly and beans are lightly browned on top.
Makes 12 servings.
Flavor variation: Substitute 1/4 cup honey for the brown sugar.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 233.9 calories; 24% calories from fat; 6.4g total fat; 8.8mg cholesterol; 814.6mg sodium; 403.1mg potassium; 40.8g carbohydrates; 6.2g fiber; 22.3g sugar; 34.6g net carbs; 8.2g protein.