Risotto with Gorgonzola
This version of risotto requires less attention to stirring than more traditional recipes, but is creamy-delicious nonetheless thanks to the addition of a rich gorgonzola cream sauce.
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/3 cup butter - divided use
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/3 cups quick cooking rice
1 cup white wine
2 cups chicken stock or broth
3/4 cup (4 ounces) creamy Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
- Cook peas and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat several minutes. Remove vegetables; set aside.
- Cook onion in 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter until soft.
- Add rice. Cook and stir to flavor and brown rice slightly.
- Add wine, salt and pepper. Cook rice and wine over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until wine evaporates.
- Add broth. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt Gorgonzola with remaining butter over low heat. Slowly add cream, gently mixing to prepare sauce.
- Add Gorgonzola sauce, Parmesan cheese and reserved vegetables to cooked rice. Cover, remove from heat.
- Let stand an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.