Roasted asparagus is so easy and so good—you may never boil or steam it again! Watch the asparagus closely, thinner spears require less roasting time.
1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Lemon wedges for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place asparagus spears in a greased shallow baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil and with your impeccably clean hands roll spears around to coat evenly.
- Bake asparagus until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on size of the asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a squeeze of lemon, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): 84.6 calories; 74% calories from fat; 7.1g total fat; 0.0mg cholesterol; 2.3mg sodium; 229.1mg potassium; 4.4g carbohydrates; 2.4g fiber; 2.1g sugar; 2.0g net carbs; 2.5g protein.