Spinach Olive Bread Pudding
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
10 large eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups 2% milk
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco® Sauce
12 ounces cubed country bread (crust removed)
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
4 ounces sliced ham
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup sliced California Ripe Olives
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and Tabasco and set aside.
- Place half of the bread cubes into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Top with half of the spinach, ham, cheese and California Ripe Olives. Repeat to create one more layer using the remaining ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over the entire dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for approximately 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and allow casserole to sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake for 45 to 55 minutes until cooked through, golden and puffy.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 400; Total Fat: 18g; Cholesterol: 265mg; Total Carbs: 32g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 960mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.