Pinterest Follow Button
Family Favorite Recipes Family Favorites
Mr Espresso
like us on Facebook
Print

Tiffany's Green Beans with Bacon

Tiffany's Green Beans with BaconThis recipe turns frozen green beans into one fabulous side dish that your family will ask for again and again.

Recipe Ingredients:

8 strips bacon, diced
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 (1-pound) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Cooking Directions:

  1. Over medium heat, fry the diced bacon in a large skillet until nicely crisp.
  2. Add the onion and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onion is softened.
  3. Stir in the sugar; continue cooking for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved.
  4. Stir in the thawed green beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook until green beans are hot and cooked through.

Makes 8 servings.

Tip: This recipe can be doubled for holiday meals.

Nutritional Facts Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 196.86; Calories From Fat (79%) 155.82; Total Fat 17.19g 26%; Saturated Fat 5.71g 29%; Cholesterol 25.84mg 9%; Sodium 555.17mg 23%; Potassium 208.56mg 6%; Total Carbohydrates 5.6g 2%; Fiber 2.03g 8%; Sugar 1.65g; Protein 5.51g 11%. (Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.)

Recipe by Tiffany Hodges; photograph by Hope Pryor; copyright © 2019; property of CooksRecipes.com. See Terms of Use.