Roasted Corn and Chipotle Soup
The nutty flavor of roasted corn complements the smoky-sweet taste of chipotle chiles. A crisp green salad and warm tortillas will complete this meal.
2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups chicken stock
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 (7-ounce) cans chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place corn on a baking sheet in a single layer; roast about 10 minutes, until browned.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet; sauté onion and garlic over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add broth, tomatoes, salt and pepper; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chiles and corn, simmer 5 minutes to heat through.
Makes 6 servings.