Spicy Chicken Olive Pozole
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion
3 cups golden hominy, drained and rinsed
2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 1/4 cups enchilada sauce (18 ounces)
1 cup olives, halved
3 tablespoons minced jalapeño pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepot over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until golden for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes until soft.
- Pour in hominy, chicken broth, enchilada sauce, olives and red jalapeños and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.