BBQ Turkey Breast
Grilled turkey breast with a doctored barbecue sauce.
1 (approximately 7-pound) turkey breast with bone
3/4 teaspoon salt - divided use
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper - divided use
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon brown mustard
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle turkey breast evenly with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Place turkey, breast-side down, on prepared grill. Cook to a golden brown, turning to sear all sides, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
- Baste entire surface of turkey with sauce. Continue grilling, allowing surface to caramelize and turn deep golden brown, but without burning, about 15 minutes.
- Remove breast from the grill and wrap in aluminum foil, sealing all sides. Return to grill until turkey has reached an internal temperature of 170°F to 175°F (approximately 80°C), about 45 minutes. Remove from grill and let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
Makes 12 servings.