Boneless Turkey Breast with Lemon and Tarragon
A simple, yet elegant entrée, turkey breast is seasoned with tarragon and fresh lemon and oven-roasted to perfection.
1 Honeysuckle White® Frozen Boneless Turkey Breast Roast with Gravy (about 3 pounds)
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoons dried tarragon
Salt and black pepper
Juice and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Remove turkey from bag; remove gravy packet. Rinse turkey and pat dry; do not remove netting. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush with oil and season with tarragon, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with lemon peel and juice.
- Roast, following timing chart on package. When turkey is golden brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. When thermometer inserted into turkey reads 170°F (80°C), remove turkey from oven.
- Pour pan drippings into measuring cup and skim off fat. Let turkey rest 10 minutes and remove netting before carving.
- While turkey is resting, pour contents of gravy packet into a small saucepan and heat over medium high heat, whisking constantly until gravy boils. Whisk in 1/4 cup pan drippings, adding more if you prefer thinner gravy.
- Carve turkey and serve with gravy.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.