with Sweet Onion Charred Corn Salsa
Sautéed turkey breast cutlets, seasoned with chipotle powder, are served with a spicy fresh salsa of charred corn, red onion, cherry tomatoes, lime and fresh cilantro.
1 1/2 cups corn kernels
1 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lime, quartered
1 package Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Cutlets
2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 (6-ounce) bags mixed salad greens for accompaniment
- For Salsa: Char corn in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and oil to skillet and sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cilantro and sauté 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, squeeze juice from lime over and mix. (May be made ahead and chilled, or made and served warm with turkey. Makes 21/2 cups.)
- For Turkey: Sprinkle cutlets with chipotle powder.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey and sauté, turning once, about 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked.
- Add broth and quickly cook to heat through, spooning sauce over turkey to blend flavors.
- Portion turkey and sauce over bed of mixed salad greens.
- Serve with salsa.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.