Company Turkey Divan
Here's an elegant, yet easy dish worthy to serve company. Whether good quality deli sliced turkey or leftover holiday turkey is used, it's all good!
1 1/2 pounds broccoli
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup blue cheese
1 cup heavy cream
12 ounces sliced cooked turkey
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Extra freshly grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Cut broccoli into serving pieces. Cook in water in a saucepan until tender-crisp; drain. Place in a baking dish.
- In a saucepan, blend flour, salt, and butter. Cook until bubbly, stirring constantly, then slowly stir in chicken broth. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly; remove from the heat.
- Add blue cheese and stir until melted. Whisk in cream.
- Spoon 1/2 of the sauce onto the broccoli and top with sliced, cooked turkey.
- Stir grated Parmesan cheese into the remaining sauce and spoon over the turkey. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
Makes 6 servings.