Curried Turkey Pot Pies
Here's something different and quite tasty to make with leftover holiday turkey. Cooked chicken works just as well, too!
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
2 cups diced cooked turkey
1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
1/2 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (10-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, 2 sheets per package
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease a deep dish pie pan.
- Bring the soup and milk to a low boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat; add turkey, vegetables, curry, cumin, salt and pepper . Let simmer over low heat for 1 minute. Spoon mixture into pie pan.
- Meanwhile gently spread or roll out pastry on a flat surface. Cut into a piece large enough to cover pan with about 1/2-inch overhang.
- Place pastry over pan; crimp edges gently (so that pastry will be able to rise). Beat egg with water in a cup or small bowl; brush pastry with egg wash, being certain to not brush edges of pastry (that would seal edges, preventing pastry from rising).
- Make several fork holes in pastry to allow steam to escape during baking. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned and filling is bubbly.
Makes 9 servings.
Tip: You might want to place pie pan onto a flat sheet or pan to catch any juices which may bubble up from pie pan.