Farfalle with Turkey and Sundried Tomatoes
Sautéed bite-sized pieces of turkey breast are tossed with bow-tie pasta in a zesty sun-dried tomato and fresh basil sauce.
1 package Honeysuckle White® Thin Cut Turkey Breast Slices for Scallopini & Milanesa
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - divided use
1/2 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
5 green onions, chopped
1 lemon, juice and zest
1/4 cup black olives
1/2 cup fresh basil
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 (16-ounce) package farfalle pasta
2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- In a skillet, heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil. Add turkey. Sauté slowly, about 10 minutes on each side, or until center is no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 170°F (80°C). Cool and transfer to cutting board.
- Slice with the grain of the turkey, in thin bite-size strips.
- In a skillet, sauté pepper slices in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add green onions and sauté more minutes.
- Add lemon zest, sliced olives, shredded basil, garlic and sundried tomatoes into mixture.
- Combine sliced turkey, vegetable mixture and lemon juice. Cover and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Toss pasta with turkey mixture. Garnish with basil.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.