Grilled Citrus Turkey Kabobs
Chunks of turkey tenderloins, marinated in lemon, lime, and orange juice, are threaded onto skewers with onions, sweet peppers, tomatoes, squash and mushrooms.
1 orange, fresh
1 lemon, fresh
1 lime, fresh
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Italian Herbs
1 package Honeysuckle White® Breast Tenderloins, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
1 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch slices
1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
8 cherry tomatoes
8 fresh white button mushrooms
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Marinade: Combine juices of the orange, lemon and lime. Add oil, honey, cilantro and Italian Herbs seasoning. Mix well.
- Kabobs: Cut tenderloins into 1 1/2-inch chunks. In large, self-closing plastic bag, combine tenderloins and marinade. Seal bag and shake well to mix. Refrigerate 1 to 12 hours, turning bag occasionally to marinate evenly.
- Cut peppers, squash and onions into 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- While grill is heating, thread meat chunks on kabob sticks, alternating with onions, peppers, tomatoes, squash and mushrooms. Grill 4 to 5 minutes per side, making sure meat is no longer pink in center, and juice from meat runs clear. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.